- Discuss audio textbooks with the Access Advocate.
- Request audio textbooks and conversions through AIM portal. (Make Alternate Format Book Request)
- Buy your textbooks and keep the receipts.
If the audio textbook is available through Learning Ally, an Access Advocate will
call and tell you when the download is complete and the digital reader is ready for
pick up at the ADS office.
- If the textbook is not available through Learning Ally, an Access Advocate will call
and tell you to make an appointment with the ADS Assistive Technology Specialist.
It can take 3 to 4 weeks to process a request and produce an audio CD.
- Bring your textbook(s), receipts for your textbook(s) and class syllabus/syllabi to
the appointment with the Assistive Technology Specialist. Agree upon a schedule and
timeline for converting your textbook(s) on to audio CDs.
- All assistive technology equipment, including digital readers, must be returned before
the end of the semester. A reminder letter will be sent to you before the end of
the semester requesting the return of the digital reader.