Semester Loan Technology
UPDATE (10/18/2023): Graphing calculators are now available. There are no wifi hotspots
available for semester-long checkout at this time. To get placed on a waitlist, please
call the library at 847.925.6584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2023 Semester Loan Technology: Beginning Monday, July 31, 2023, the Library will begin taking in-person requests
for Chromebooks, calculators, and hotspots for Fall 2023 semester. Items are available
on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Students must be currently
registered in Fall 2023 credit classes, and a Harper ID or other valid photo ID is
required to request items. If you have any questions or need help requesting technology
items, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 847.925.6584.
Here are additional options for internet access:
Texas Instruments offers free downloads for TI-84 Plus graphing calculator emulators.
The Harper College Library's Semester Loan Technology program allows students access
to technology that otherwise may be unavailable. You can learn more about what technology
is available as well as the procedure that is followed to get this technology to you
below. Once you receive your library technology, you can reference the user guides
and video tutorials below to get started.
Check here for a full list of campus and community resources available for students.
- Chromebook - Laptop with Chrome Operating System as opposed to Windows 10 or Mac OS.
- Hot Spot - A device that receives a cellular signal and emits a Wifi signal so you may access
the internet. *Required in order to use a Chromebook if you do not have Internet Service.
- Graphing Calculator - A calculator that is capable of plotting graphs, solving simultaneous equations, and
performing other tasks with variables.
- Student initiates a request in-person at the Library.
- Library staff verify the requester is a current Harper College student. *A Harper student ID or other valid photo ID is required.
- Student reads and agrees to the Technology Borrower's Agreement.
- Materials are pulled and checked out to the student.
- All technology items are due at the end of the current semester or if the student
withdraws from all credit classes. Students are encouraged to return the technology earlier than the due date if it is
no longer needed for the semester.
|How long does it take to receive a response when I submit a request form?|
You should hear from a Harper College Library employee by the end of the next business
|Who do I contact if I have any additional questions?|
|How do I pick up/return my technology?|
|Can I renew my technology loan for the next semester?|
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest updates regarding renewal request procedures. NOTE: registration in the current semester is required, so make sure you are registered
before requesting a renewal.
|Who do I contact for technical questions?|
|What account should I use to login to the Chromebook?|
You will need a personal Gmail account to login to the Chromebook. If you do not have
one, click "More Options" on the login screen and select "Create Account." While your
Harper email is powered by Gmail, it is not a Gmail account and cannot be used to
login to the Chromebook.