Harper College

U.S. Tax Information

Meet Sprintax

You came to the U.S. to study, not to spend countless hours navigating U.S. tax law (unless that's your program). To let you focus on what matters, we've teamed up with Sprintax to look after your tax return from start to finish.

Should You File a Return?

As an international student, you are classified as a 'Non Resident Alien' under U.S. tax law and you need to file an annual tax return (Form 1040NR). If you haven't worked or received a funding, you need to complete Form 8843. Sprintax can help with both.

Have you

  • worked in the U.S.?
  • received a grant?
  • received an allowance?
  • received a stipend?

If you have, then you have to file a U.S. tax return. Sprintax can help you avoid IRS penalties and fines by filing a timely and accurate return, meet the tax obligations of your academic visa, and maximize your tax refund.

About the Service

Sprintax was created specifically for international students, teachers and researchers in the U.S. on F, J, M and Q visas, to demystify tax filing and make sure you are fully compliant with the IRS. Sprintax is an easy-to-use, step-by-step tool that helps you file your taxes online, hassle-free. Just follow the simple instructions, answer a few questions, and Sprintax will do the rest.

How it Works

Just register at www.taxback.com/sprintax. Fill out each section, and Sprintax will complete your tax return and send it to you.

Last Updated: 12/14/23